The Department of Justice has launched the Third Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing. This award recognizes individual state, local, or tribal sworn, rank-and-file police officers, deputies, and troopers for exceptional efforts in innovations in community policing, criminal investigations, and field operations that have proven effective in enforcing our laws.
The Department is requesting nominations for the Third Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing. The nomination period is now open and will close on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 8 p.m. EDT. Detailed information regarding the nomination process for this award is now available at www.justice.gov/ag/policing-award.
Nominations may be submitted by the potential recipient’s supervisors, professional peers, or members of their local community. Nominations may include references and URL links to news sources and promotional or other materials that describe or substantiate the activity, program, or initiative for which the nominee(s) is being nominated.
Nominations must be submitted through the web-based application form in the following format. The online application will direct the nominating individuals to complete the following fields:
- Name and rank of nominee(s) (must be rank-and-file officers, deputies, or troopers in a nonsupervisory position), the lead agency name, and the size of population served by the agency
- Name and affiliation of the nominating individual
- Nomination category for the action(s), program(s), or initiative(s) for which the nominee(s) is being nominated (Criminal Investigations, Field Operations, or Innovations in Policing)
- A detailed description of the specific action(s), program(s), or initiative(s) of the nominee(s) for which s/he is being nominated
- Agency point of contact information
To nominate someone for this award, please visit https://www.justice.gov/ag/webform/policing-award-nomination. Nominations must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, June 19, 2019. In the event that agencies or other nominating parties are unable to access the online application, nomination letters may be sent via email. The nomination letter should be no longer than three pages and should include the fields listed here. Nominations submitted in letter format must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
Please direct all general inquiries to email@example.com.
|This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) ·145 N St, NE · Washington, DC 20530 · 800-421-6770|